What is Librariessmss.exe?
The file Librariessmss.exe might be harmful to your computer!
The LIBRARIESSMSS.EXE risk level is High!
Presence of unknown downloaded files and programs installed without your consent;
Frequent freezing or crashes;
Browser hijacking - changing the homepage, default search engine, and new tab settings;
Remote control of your computer;
Constantly working hard drive.
Malware e-mail attachments;
Potentially unwanted applications;
Free games from an unknown producer.
- Full path on a computer= %PROFILE%\LIBRARIES\SMSS.EXE
- STEP1: Remove LIBRARIESSMSS.EXE virus using UnHackMe - Ultimate Malware Killer
- STEP2: Confirm that the computer is virus free with the UnHackMe support team
- STEP3: Remove the virus using Malwarebytes Antimalware
It is only for power users!
Remove the virus using UnHackMe - Ultimate Malware Killer
You can check the real reviews of UnHackMe on the Facebook.
Download and Install UnHackMe
- Download UnHackMe from the official web site.
- Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
Unzip all files from the zip to a new folder.
- Double click on the 'unhackme_setup.exe'.
- You will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- Complete installation.
Complete UnHackMe installation.
Scan for LIBRARIESSMSS.EXE malware using UnHackMe
First scan will start automatically.
Remove LIBRARIESSMSS.EXE malware
- Carefully inspect found items.
Malicious items are marked by red shield.
Suspicious items are yellow.
UnHackMe automatically creates a System Restore point before fixing!
It is important to have System Restore active in case of recovering deleted files.
Next click the red button: Remove Checked!
- UnHackMe may ask your confirmation to close all browsers.
- If you want to quarantine files before deleting, check the box 'Use file safe deleting'.
- And after all you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process:
- Restart your computer to complete the removal process.
Confirm that the computer is virus free with the UnHackMe support team
- Open UnHackMe.
- Click the "Help in Removal" button on the main screen.
- Choose "Send us RegRunLog".
- Enter your e-mail, name, or nick.
- Describe your problem.
- Click the "Upload" button.
Remove the virus using Malwarebytes Antimalware
- Download Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Double-click on the Malwarebytes setup file MBSetup.
Accept the User Account Control question.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Malwarebytes installation.
- Click on the Scan button.
Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to complete.
- Click on the Quarantine button to remove the found malware.
- Important: restart the computer to complete the removal.
How to remove LIBRARIESSMSS.EXE virus manually?
- Check recently installed apps and uninstall unknown apps.
- Open Task Manager and close all unused programs.
Use the Details tab in the Task Manager.
Customize columns to display the "Command line".
Virus programs often use random filenames.
- Delete virus scheduled tasks.
- Find and delete all keys with virus name in it's content.
- After that, check the shortcuts of your browsers on having additional addresses at the end of the command line. Check if shortcuts run the actual browser and not the fake ones. Remember: Chromium is a fake browser, the real name has to be Chrome.
- Stop and disable unknown services. Be careful! Do it only if you are fully sure that you do!
- And at the end, clear your recycle bin, temporary files, browser's cache.