Manual removal instructions:
SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM is classified as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program).
What is PUP?
PUP is crapware. SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM have several types of unwanted behaviour:
- Displaying popup ads.
- Hijacking your browser.
- Infecting your desktop shortcuts, etc.
- Inserting ads to the web pages.
SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM can redirect your browser search, collect your personal information and sell it for advertising.
SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM is usually hard in removing. Some people could not find uninstall program for SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM in the Control Panel.
Sometimes SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM uninstaller does not work.
How SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM got on my computer?
Usually you got SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM with as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM manufacturer pays software developers for distributing SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM within their applications, SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM is often included as part of the installer.
Usually, you have not only one SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs./p>
How to remove SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM?
Step-by-step Guide for manual removal of SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM:
- Uninstall SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager to kill all "SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM" related processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM" files and folders.
- Run services.msc to disable a "SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM registry keys and values.
- Check your shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu for SEARCH.SEARCHDIRMAP.COM presence. Fix infected shortcuts.
- Remove a virus from Google Chrome.
- Remove a virus from Internet Explorer.
- Remove a virus from Mozilla Firefox.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
UnHackMe anti-rootkit and anti-malware
Premium software: RegRun Security Suite (Good choice for removal and protection)